Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kagy & S. 3rd Goodness: Sola Cafe & Moberry

I really like the trend in the shops at Kagy & S. 3rd/Willson. Sola Cafe now offers more food than ever. Plus, they have become a fully stocked mini-grocery of goodness. The largest selection of Crema Roasting beans in town are on the shelf and waiting for your grinder. There are fresh local eggs in the fridge along with a bunch of other kitchen staples. No need to go across the street anymore to the VFW-meets-here-every-morning gas station. Unless of course I need some gas, natch.

Today at Sola my double-espresso was pulled with care; the first two attempts by the barista were discarded (too fast?). The third shot takes its time and comes out with a nice head of crema. My espresso looked pretty in the white porcelain cup. Before we left the cafe, I picked up a bag of Crema Roasting's Espresso. I can't wait to get it into the grinder. I've been working my way through a bag of CR Dawn and I am eager to geek-out on the differences between these two varieties.

Next door to Sola, a new fro-yo joint has just opened its doors. Moberry, with its clean Ikea-esque interior, is anchored inside by a counter of colorful and fresh goodies to enhance your fro-yo experience. Fresh-n-tangy tasting frozen yogurt is offered in plain or green tea. Big, pretty pieces of fresh fruit and berries, nuts, even sugary breakfast cereals are available as toppings. I favor the plain yogurt, as it seems a bit tangy-er than the green tea variety. Today it was two orders of the plain. Jen loaded her's up with some big fat blackberries. The Cap-n-Crunch and green tea will have to wait for another day...

To add to the geographic excitement, a building permit on one of the empty suites next door indicates that "Lemongrass Thai" intends to open here.

A Thai restaurant in Bozeman? Maybe I don't have to move just yet...


See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from SubstantialSandwich's posterous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog and then went to Moberry. This is absolutely the best frozen yogurt I have ever tasted! Bar None! I'm addicted and will tell all my friends and family. I went in last night for the first time. I was greeted by a very nice staffer who let me sample the yogurt. I fell in love with the original and had blueberries, blackberries and raspberries as toppings. Fresh cut fruit, generous toppings and a very hip, bright and super-clean environment. I give this a big thumbs-up