Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Taking to the (Air) Waves

I have been hoping to cross "radio DJ" off my career to-do list for some time, and thanks to our local community radio station, KGLT, I am taking steps to make that effort an official one.

I have begun a seven-week apprenticeship and I will sit in with Tony Sacco on his weekly Thursday night jazz show from 6-9pm.

With any luck, at some point I will have my own show from midnight to 3am, every other Tuesday, broadcasting to 3rd-shifters and paranoid insomniac loners. If you are not a paranoid insomniac loner, lying awake in a cat-like state of readiness, you may just want to tune into Tony's show on Thursday evenings instead.

If you find yourself outside the Bozone, you can stream the station live through iTunes, here:

Posted via email from SubstantialSandwich's posterous

No comments: